Saturday, October 07, 2006

I. Pinkwater plugs his own book on his Morning Edition gig.

II. The Press covers The Neddiad.

III. "My only contact with technology is a single phone call home each night, to read a chapter of Daniel Pinkwater's LIZARD MUSIC to my daughter Maddy.She has a copy of her own, at the other end of the phone, and fills in occasional paragraphs."
-- Neil Gaiman 10/11/01


IV. Blurting through cyberspace and the blogosphere, I noticed but did not note down someone calling the Portland, Oregon Hipster Establishment "Voodoo Doughnuts" "Very Pinkwater"... which seems to most directly correlate with the Snarkout Boys. The schtik of Voodoo Doughnuts is that you buy doughnuts at 2 am there. Is that "very Pinkwater"? Erm.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I assure you that Voodoo Donuts is pretty Pinkwater. They have a donut-eating contest that attracts a certain clientele (free donuts) and they used to sell the dreaded and wonderous NyQuil donut until the Health Department shut them down. Rat would be into it.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home