An elementary school reading project.
The Central Elementary School class recently read "Once Upon a Blue Moose," and Teti was left stumped when it came to finding a recipe for Apple Jacquette.
I couldn't find the recipe for Apple Jacquette anywhere," Teti said. "In my Google search, I found Jacquette Bakery in Broomall, Pa., and I thought 'Well, he's got the right name to give us some background knowledge,' and I e-mailed him."
Dennis Jacquette, owner of the bakery, was intrigued that there was a dish that shares his last name, Teti said.
"He took it upon himself to contact the author (Daniel Pinkwater) and asked him what is Apple Jacquette," she said. Pinkwater didn't recall the dish exactly, but he said he had tasted it in the 1970s.
This project strays a little too far to this warning, but I gather Pinkwater's fine with this process.
My mother (sometime after moving from a first grade teacher to a third grade teacher -- and from lower class students to upper class students I might as well add) read for her class The Moose Tales, willing to jump off and scuttle the book if the class wasn't too much into it. I report that she reported that the class wasn't too much into the Blue Moose stories. Make of that what you will.
The Central Elementary School class recently read "Once Upon a Blue Moose," and Teti was left stumped when it came to finding a recipe for Apple Jacquette.
I couldn't find the recipe for Apple Jacquette anywhere," Teti said. "In my Google search, I found Jacquette Bakery in Broomall, Pa., and I thought 'Well, he's got the right name to give us some background knowledge,' and I e-mailed him."
Dennis Jacquette, owner of the bakery, was intrigued that there was a dish that shares his last name, Teti said.
"He took it upon himself to contact the author (Daniel Pinkwater) and asked him what is Apple Jacquette," she said. Pinkwater didn't recall the dish exactly, but he said he had tasted it in the 1970s.
This project strays a little too far to this warning, but I gather Pinkwater's fine with this process.
My mother (sometime after moving from a first grade teacher to a third grade teacher -- and from lower class students to upper class students I might as well add) read for her class The Moose Tales, willing to jump off and scuttle the book if the class wasn't too much into it. I report that she reported that the class wasn't too much into the Blue Moose stories. Make of that what you will.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home